Making Charitable Giving Part of Your Financial Plan: A Five-Step Guide
Chris Farrell's Sound Money Guide to Sharing the Wealth
Questions to Ask
Profiles in Giving
Glossary, Books & Web Sites
Facts & Figures
List of Speakers
List of Participants
FROM MPR NEWS
The Changing Face of Philanthropy in Minnesota
a radio series on giving in the New Economy.
Guess which famous personality said each philanthropic quote, then find out more about the actual author.
1. "The man who dies rich dies disgraced."
John D. Rockefeller
J. P. Morgan
President Woodrow Wilson
2. "We can't have just a few people in the United States with billions of dollars while billions of people in the rest of the world have nothing at all."
U. N. Secretary General Kofi Annan
3. "I grew up not feeling loved."
Earvin "Magic" Johnson
4. "Philanthropy is one of the greatest pleasures I have."
President Bill Clinton
Rob Glaser (founder of Real Networks)
Bill Gates (founder of Microsoft)
Larry Ellson (CEO of Oracle)
5. "Our drug policy is insane. And no politician can stand up and say what I'm saying, because it's the third rail - instant electrocution."
Ben Cohen (cofounder of Ben & Jerry's)
6. "If you use your body to make music, to dance, to rake over your emotions so that others can feel, you have to be willing to give."
7. "Let's not just praise billionaires."
Vice-President Al Gore
President George Bush
Retired General Colin Powell
8. "Over the last 10 years, 80 percent of what I give is anonymous and the other 20 percent is only where my name can help attract other moneys."
9. "If we invest in children and families from the very beginning, we will reap enormous benefits as a society."
John F. Kennedy
10. "It is not so much what people do in this world as their reasons for doing it which really makes a difference. Sacrifices are not so important as the reasons for which you sacrifice. . ."
Minnesota Public Radio Home
© Copyright 2002 |